Tuesday, February 14, 2006

V Day

234;=36;=5;6=XROQDF>2323944;59488ot1lsi.jpg">
My mom and dad, (pictured) are the best couple I've ever known. (a couple of whats? hahaha...I love that joke). They both have always gone all out on Valentine's Day for each other and for me and my sisters. One of my last years living at home, I think I was a freshman in college, my dad managed to sneak a huge, sweet card and a box of chococherries (my favorite candy ever) under my pillow while I was asleep. I loved that. First of all the fact that he was able to do that without waking me up was amazing...I'm a SUPER light sleeper, but mostly the fact that he went to that trouble to make it a surprise and special even though I was 19.

Last night my husband and I were sitting around eating cheese and he said, "I wonder if there are any presents in the apartment for you right now?" I started tearing up the joint like a DEA officer but then stopped and told him I might want it to be a surprise and asked him if he could try and slip it under my pillow like my dad did that one time. He said..."well I don't think I could without you waking up...". Turns out it was a huge jar of sugar scrub and another big jar of bath salts (both of which I love and wanted badly and would NEVER buy for myself these days). So when I got up this morning he said...."Maybe you should check over the microwave before you take a shower."

Point being....Valentine's Day is one of my favorites.

No comments: