Friday, February 10, 2006

The Homesicks

234;=36;=5;6=XROQDF>2323944;5:;;3ot1lsi.jpg"> My oldest sister (the one in solid black) called me this morning and made my day. Both my sisters, (I'm the pigmentationally challenged one in the middle) live in the same town so there are times I vacillate between envy and guilt about not getting to be close to them every day. Lately it's just been good old fashioned home sickness for them which stings, but in that..."how lucky am I to love and be loved so much that at 31 I still get homesick at all" way.
It was so funny she called because in real life the three of us have been planning a trip to Mexico (we went one other time a few years ago....see picture again). Anyway, last night I had a dream that we were there, but that my sisters were doing everything without me, which would never happen in the real world. I was just missing them and missing myself with them. I told her that when she called today and she understood probably more than I did, as usual. It was a well timed reminder that they both are have never failed to be there right when I needed them. It made me feel super happy and relieved for some reason.

On an unrelated tangent, I remember making a joke when I saw this picture for the first time that I was so pale that I looked like a ghost and making "whoooo....sppooooky" noises. Then noticed that I'm freakishly pale in a lot of our family pictures. A friend of mine asked me if I drank vinegar when I was a child.....when I told him that I did...quite a lot actually...because I truly liked the taste....he said..."That's why then."

No comments: