Thursday, May 04, 2006

gravity

234;=38:=;65=XROQDF>2323:47544286ot1lsi.jpg">
Jason and I went out to dinner last night and sat outside...enjoying the early summertime weather. We were talking about old friends and apartments and times and all of a sudden I got so sad I thought I was going to have to excuse myself and cry in the bathroom like a 13 year old. I'm not sad. I'm happy...very happy. But the weight of time and loss and gain and growth and static just washed over me and kicked me in the jibblies. It might not have even been sadness. It might have just been one of those moments where time kind of stops for a second so you are forced to look back, for better or for worse.

I didn't say a word about it to Jason. It didn't ruin my night or anything. Just caught me off guard a little.

And of course now today, every song that comes onto my LaunchCast or Pandora seems to be a pin point moment from different phases of the last 7 years here in this city. It's all wonderful but it's impossible to grow and change and NOT feel some aches and pains here and there....for whatever reason.

I'm going all the way home tomorrow for my mom's birthday AND will be seeing three of my best friends from high school and their babies. I'm really looking forward to it all, but I'm hoping this bittersweet fever I'm running clears up by then.

No comments: