Thursday, September 16, 2010

OH!

I know what it was. It was that I went to LUSH at Macy's yesterday to get a new shampoo bar and had an attack of my old "I feel out of place in a fancy store" itis.

The 94 lb woman came over and said "can I help you?" as they tend to do and I said "oh not really...I just need a shampoo bar" (proceed to pick up display bar and knock about 20 over onto the floor)

Then when I went to pay I followed her behind the register for some reason. When I realized where I was I said "Ooop! sorry." not "oops" like a semi-normal person, but "oop."

see? Profound.

But PS? the yellow shampoo bar at Lush RULES. It was worth the bumbling.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I feel the same way in fancy stores. Guess that's why I don't have many fancy clothes ... ;)

Glad to see that you are doing well after all of your treatments, and so sorry to see that your mom is going through the same process. :(

MANY positive thought to you both!

stephseef said...

ok. wait. shampoo bar?? i'm thinking it's like a salad bar... pert... prell.... head and shoulders... all in little jugs with ladles and bowls for filling.

so, it's not like that, then?

and, how was church? i need a full report.

hugs.
s

ps - first time i shopped at Marshall Field's I flipped. Tissue paper around my purchase! Nice, helpful staff! Lovely things! i had lived such a steady diet of tar-jay that I didn't know what to do when i went somewhere 'nice'. :)

Mikaela said...

crescent you are the best. seriously.

love
mikaela