Friday, October 01, 2010

Oh...hello

I like it when events make a point of saying "Rain or shine!" on their websites or flyers. That's the spirit, event havers! I don't know why but it always makes me feel better about things. RAIN OR SHINE we are DOING this! Got it? It's just so...plucky and optomistic.

My mom and dad shaved their heads last night. (if not for the crappy circumstances that very well might have been the funniest sentence I've ever typed) She found her first bald spot and decided it was time. My dad did his own first in a lovely fit of unity. They sent me a picture and it gave me the shakes at first but only because I know how hard it is and I can hardly BARE the thought of her feeling scared and sad. BUT that is precisely how you are supposed to feel about your Momma so it's okay. I stared at the picture this morning and I realized for the 87,578th time in my life how beautiful my mom is. All face is a powerful thing...eyes and smile...it's just so exposed. Ack...makes me cry to type about. I just love her so much. And Dad. Jeeze louise. Or Jeeze louis as I used to think it was spelled.

okay....getting back on top of it......annnnnd...we're back.

I had drinks with some really outstanding humans last night. You know who you are. All of you gave me the inspiration shivers. Made me want to just kidnap all of you and hide you in the basement to remind me how great my friends are on a daily basis. What??? Why is that creepy??? I was going to provide a deluxe air mattresses and food. Jeeze louis....paranoid much?

Tonight is stay home date night. I'm very excited. Thai food and movies that give me the night terrors....ahhh...I can't wait.

OH and Jason will be there of course....but I have to admit I keep singing Tonight I celebrate my love for you.....but Jason's face fades away and I realize I'm singing to the giant plate of spicey basil noodles that I'm going to make my bride around sundown.

Enjoy my SECOND favorite Peabo B. smooth jam. Feel free to read along with the lyrics provided. You just might learn something about second chances and arms.

3 comments:

stephseef said...

i had that sheet music. but i like this font better.

:)

WV: later. how weird is that for the WV?

Crescent said...

may the WV is now like a Magic 8 Ball?

Hixx said...

I love you Crescent!