Wednesday, December 22, 2010

In Vein.....

Yesterday a sad thing happened in the chemo room...well TWO sad things happened but one was very dark and real and awful and I don't feel like thinking about it anymore. Needless to say there were some very ill people in there yesterday which seems to go without saying but some days.....man. It's worse some days than others is all.

BUT back to me me me...so I have this vein. He lived in my wrist just under my right thumb. He was strong and has held up for the 20 some treatments I've had. Yesterday he finally blew. I noticed that it hurt more than usual when Isabell was putting the needle in but then after some painful pushing she got it in. Then when she went to do the saline flush the preceeds the Avastin drip he basically exploded. Blood blood blood all over. Super gross. I immediatly YELLED out "OH NO!! MY GOOD VEIN!" like I'd stepped on my glasses or something. (note:Crescent doesn't even WEAR glasses...she's a LIAR). Isabell found that to be hysterical but I was quite serious. I loved that vein. It never bruised and really never hurt too much. He was a trooper. I was hoping he could stick (pun pun pun pun alert!) out the last few treatments with me but it was his time.

No comments: