Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Regina Paraknockas

5:00 a.m. Jason and I both wake up to pee and get a drink of water. The following is almost word for word the conversation we had.

Jason: I dreamed an entire musical! Everyone was singing in French!
Crescent: Were they like "du day von pew don see swa..." (NOTE: not real French)
Jason: No they weren't singing in French.
Crescent: You just said they were.
Jason: I mean French accents.
Crescent: Ohhh...well you said French but whatever. I've dreamed musical numbers before like the other night when I had that dream about the kids that time traveled back to their dorms and sang that song called "It's All Here."
Jason: Whoa. Yeah that was weird.
Crescent: Don't you wish they made dream recorders?
Jason: If they did I would have a smash hit on the West End. (pause) Or the South End. (pause) Or maybe the rear end. (laughs hysterically)
Crescent: That's what your musical should be called "Zee Rear...End"
Jason: Keeps laughing. (pause) Zee Rear......End. (laughs more...gets up for more water and walks into the living room)
Crescent: Where are you going?
Jason: To write down my ideas!!!! (comes right back to bed and is chewing something) Just kidding. I needed a Tums. (pause) Zee Rear.....End.
Crescent: I only have an hour more to sleep so stop making me laugh.
Jason: Zee Rear.........End.

(5 minutes pass. I'm JUST falling back to sleep)

Jason: (laughing even more hysterically)
Crescent: Dude.
Jason: What if.....(laughs)...what if....there was a Greek woman named Regina Paraknockas??? (hysterical laughter again) Regina.....(laughs)...ParaKNOCKas!!!! You have to say it!!!
Crescent: Regina Paraknockas. Why is her first name Regina?
Jason: (still laughing) Because....she's Regina Paraknockas!

Needless to say I've pretty much been up since 5:00 a.m.

1 comment:

Flax said...

I think everyone wants a dream recorder. I feel like I've actually had dreams in which dream recorders were invented or existed, which is super-meta. I kind of get the feeling that my dreams would scare the hell out of me if I could watch them video-style, though.