Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Back in El Saddle-o.

What a weekend is all I have to say. Friday trip to sisters to see aunt and uncle. Great. Saturday spent the afternoon with Jason's softball team and the evening with some great new friends at a BBQ. Sunday.....the party to end all parties.


When we got to the space to set up Jason said "Man...what if no one shows up and we have all this food and beer?"


Needless to say....they showed up. I think there were close to 70 people there to eat, drink and celebrate how wonderful Jason is. And he really really is. So many times I would look over at him playing washers or talking to someone and laughing and think "thank God he's my husband and man, do I ever love him." It was a special day. Old friends showed up that we haven't seen in, literally, almost 6 years. New friends showed up and became even closer friends. And our family (Anne, Matt, Fred, Megan, etc.) were all there to help out, grill, play and be their wonderful selves.


J and I both had yesterday off (his actual b-day) and spent it on the couch watching old movies. (Stand By Me and A Fish Called Wanda). We talked and talked about how great his party was and how lucky we are to know so many smart, diverse, kind and insanely fun people. Then we ate a giant birthday pizza.


Here is a pic of Jason opening up his new grill. He was very surprised and happy. I think tonight will be the night we break it in.....that's right kids....cell camera is BACK ON! Whoot!

(man...I swore I took more pictures but I can only find this one and one of a cucumber in the shape of a J. Oh well.)

No comments: