Tuesday, April 06, 2010

something newborn




That's what our best friend's little girl said when we came to meet her fresh born little sister...."Come and see something newborn!". Amen, sister, amen.

That baby was just what the doctor ordered. When Jason held her for the first time he got tears and said "this is the first really good thing to happen all year." We are just so fortunate that Anne and Matt share their family with us so readily. It really does mean the world to us.

Speaking of newborn, I'm working on some new meditation techniques and attitude adjustments. My meditations are designed to keep me from worry, because I tells ya that is the worst feeling. I hate worrying but I do it so often. Not just about the big C but about everyone and everything. So I'm working on breathing that away, when I can. Enjoying the moment, cliche' cliche, blah blah, but it's a true cliche' so there.

I am also working VERY hard on not going into my next treatment with dread in my heart and head. I think that just preps my bod for pain and sickness. Don't get me wrong.....I'm 99% sure I'm in for it with these last two treatments physically, but I'm going to try and win in the mental department this time. Focus on how far I've come, remember it won't last forever, embrace the time to rest when I have it....etc.

This is what is new with me and it feels pretty lovely as far as personal paths to peace go. Now I show pictures!!!! (said in my roid rage voice because it makes me laugh...but it's not for me to say how hilarious my funny voices are)


Here are some of my favorite people ever on Easter. Shout out to Megan the red head for gold star work in the friend department as well. She helps me feel normal and makes sure I laugh hysterically at least twice a week.




Here is Jason taking a nap in Elizabeth's new bed. She tucked him in and said "There ya go buddy!"

No comments: