Wednesday, October 06, 2010

A year ago today.....

I started a rubber band ball.


And found out I had cancer.

Here was most post from a year ago:
Oh Tom Petty...
you were so right. The waiting is the hardest part....so far. Let's pray it remains the hardest. I have never felt so anxious 24/7 in my life. It sucks. Not as much as cancer would suck of course but I'm hoping for good news.


Here was the next post:
welp....
....it's cancer. BUT it's only stage 2 which is way better than stage three. I meet with the surgeon tomorrow to see what's next. I'm doing okay actually. Three things that have been lovely since I found out.

1. Jason.
2. My oldest sister telling me that my she and my middle sister "are sisters again" thanks to this. That made my birthday. They are always great but have had some hard times and found each other again through this. I think I might have cried harder over that than anything because it made me so happy.
3. The realization that I have more love in my heart and in my life than I ever imagined. That will get me through.

I'm ready to fight. Up for it all. Feeling lucky and amazed that I'm, literally, facing my biggest fear and it's really not that bad. I'm scared but ready. Sad but joyful. Certainly the furthest from alone I've ever been. Let's get it done.

Love to all,
C


I don't really know what to say today. I feel quiet for the first time since Carter was in office. I feel different and fortunate and relieved. I feel scared down to my bones about life. I feel ready for the change that is coming. I feel good.

from today:


2 comments:

Crescent said...

I'm so embarassed. that's the wrong "before" picture. That one is Miss Heather Becker's rubber band ball. I can't find my starting out picture anywhere. Sorry for lying.

Crescent said...

I'm so embarassed. that's the wrong "before" picture. That one is Miss Heather Becker's rubber band ball. I can't find my starting out picture anywhere. Sorry for lying.