Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The bliss of normal

The peace of going into a summer feeling as good as I do and knowing my Mom and Aunt are on the mend is like a vacation to a tropical island without the malaria or umbrella drinks. And let's face it...both of those can be arranged if I'm so inclined.

I was delighted by my second healthy and normal cycle this month. And by delighted I mean almost stabbed a few people for eating too loudly and cried just thinking about a dog getting a bath in a sink. You know...a good healthy dose of PMS. It was great. I love it! I'm serious. The pain of living life and just plain ol being a woman again is simply magical to me. I have energy, my head is clear, my scalp is covered with wonderful crazy curly hair. Although I have to say, I'm not nuts about the cramps part of this womanly magic. They are pretty rough. Feels like a million evil trolls (redundant...ALL trolls are evil) are hacking away at my insides with tiny evil tools of troll evil.

My point is the normal is just such a gift right now. I know it won't last. Life keeps happening. Worries abound. Bad things show up when you least expect, but for now...springtime....I'm going to just enjoy the day. Smell some trees, maybe pickle some things (spoiler alert: I probably won't but will mention it a lot and say "i really should try that"), spend time with my friends and family and just breathe in the lazy and lovely air.

seriously....why do these make me cry???

5 comments:

Mark Henderson said...

This post made me tear up a bit, because it's so AWESOME that you're dealing with something as mundane as your montly visit from Aunt Flo. You have been so strong for so long, so if you want to scream at people eating loudly or cry over dogs, you have absolutely earned it.

Crescent said...

Aww thanks Mark! It's the biggest cliche' ever but basically it just feels really good to be alive and NOT feeling sick. the little things and all that...:)

Hixx said...

Aw yeah, that puppy in the sink? I'm with you.

I MISS YOU.

Crescent said...

I miss you too! When can we drink?

Crescent said...

when can we GET a drink. my previous comment makes it sound like a problem.