Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Mail Call!

My nephew (pictured above from a Chicago visit last summer) is at camp all this week and each year when he goes I try to make sure to e-mail him at least once. They do a mail call each day where they bring the campers print outs of their e-mails. The future is now. I remember mail....like the kind from bags and boxes.

Anyway, I just sent him the following e-mail but after reading it again I am realizing how weird I am. His camper friends will probably ask what's wrong with me. Oh well. Too late. Anyway, the kid gets me. Always has, hopefully always will.

Hey bud!!!
How's camp? Oh wait....you can't answer so I guess I’ll just have to answer FOR you.

Me: How's camp?
You: It's really great.
Me: You doing anything extra cool this year?
You: Um..yeah...a few things I guess.
Me: Oh yeah? Like what?
You: Well yesterday we learned how to catch and kill mountain lions with our bare hands and then cook them using nothing but a torch made out of pirate bones. That was pretty cool.
Me: Anything else?
You: Oh...and tonight we are going to have a karate chopping contest....to the DEATH!
Me: That should be fun, huh?
You: Probably. Also, I broke the record for longest time log rolling. 56 hours and 23 minutes. They would just throw food at me and I'd have to try and catch it in my mouth while rolling on the log. It was kinda fun, I suppose.
Me: So the usual then.
You: Pretty much.

Love,
Aunt Me

No comments: