Thursday, July 13, 2006

Bob Newhart and the End of the World


I realize this is sort of turning into a dream blog, but whatever. I told you I was a frequent, detailed dreamer. I'm here. I dream. Get used to it.

Sooo.....last night's little epic nightmare began with my husband telling me he was going to run into this little store and buy me a flower. He came out with tuna salad on his hand and spread it all over the wool coat I was wearing. That was pretty incidental to the rest of the dream, but I was like....um dude....not cool. That part was merely the 7-11 tuna salad sandwich I'd had for dinner haunting me.

Anyway, the meat of the dream was this. The devil decided to come down and end the world at a banquet that Bob Newhart was attending with me. Everything started to catch fire and this weird language started appearing on the dais behind Mr. Newhart. Then THAT caught fire, but every time I told him to get out and run he would turn around and the fire would disappear for that instant. Bob was not listening to me at ALL!

All of a sudden I realized that years back the devil had had a thing for me (?????) and I knew that I could save the world at least for a few decades if I professed my love to him. Yeah. Scary, right? So I started screaming in LATIN and everything got louder and louder and then I woke up. Jason and Ava (one of my cats) both were sitting up staring at me like freaked out prairie dogs.

A little scary, yes? Plus I have this whole hang up about the movie What's Eating Emily Rose or whatever it's called about the girl getting possessed in the night. Jason teases me about it all the time, but this time I was extra freaked because my head hurt soooo badly when I woke up. Then I remembered I have a cold from hell (hahahaha) and that the headache was more likely to be a result of sinus pressure then demon possession.

J and I were talking about it more this morning before I went to work and I have to say he's pretty great about listening to my dreams. He actually seems like he finds them interesting which should probably put him in line for sainthood. We were discussing the roots of the dream.

Me: I think the reason I dreamed about all the gibberish written on the wall is because they were showing all that Hebrew text on that Anne Frank show we watched last night.

J: Hebrew isn't gibberish dude.



PS - A GIANT happy birthday to my dear friend Matt K.!!! You are like the older brother I never wanted. I kid....I kid. We will party down on Saturday!!!!

1 comment:

Hixx said...

Oh my god "whats eating Emily Rose" made me laugh out loud at my desk.

You are excellent.

Hixx