Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Meditations on Reinvention

This is an opportunity for reinvention. I keep picturing being bald and trying to see it like being a baby or an alien. A new birth as opposed to a sick person. I try and visualize the meds being a power cleanse of my everything. I want to come out of this squeaky clean inside and go head first towards, what I think is my calling, helping people in these very same situations. I want to see my health as a power and treasure and feed it as such. I want to find a love of physical motion. I want to explore my spiritual side and use it as part of the healing process. I want to find a way to thank everyone I know. I want to rearrange the way I view family for me and Jason and welcome that new vision with open arms and heart. But mostly I want to be well and find strength in the fact that I will have, literally, faced my greatest fear. Cancer. Cancer in others and in myself. Then find a way to ease the fear for someone else. Because the fear is the worst part. The unknown. I am going to know it and drain it of every possible lesson and wealth it has to offer and leave the rest behind me in a blaze.

PS - I plan to use my new Flip to document a lot of this process. Might be a huge mistake. I don't care. I want to so I'm gonna. I would give anything to to have that to watch now to ease my fear but I don't so I'll just create it. For myself, for someone else, for no one. I just want it on file.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen.

Hendo said...

Crescent, I love reading your blog. Even with all the adversity you've faced in the last couple of years, you manage to keep a positive attitude. You are truly an inspiration.

I wish you and Jason a Happy New Year, and I hope your 2010 sees you becoming happier and healthier than ever!

Mikaela said...

crescent, only you could take something like this and make it so inspiring and positive!!! we are behind you and love you!!!

(not literally behind you...but wouldn't that be creepy/cool?!)