Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A better week

So the strife and drama I was oozing out last week has melted away a bit. I had a great weekend and even though my treatments are postponed until next week they are FINALLY done testing me and I am officially registered for the study and did, indeed, end up in the third experimental arm of the study. This means I will be receiving the Bevacizumab. I will have six treatments of that and the other regular chemo drugs then when I am done with that I will do six more treatments of JUST the Bevacizumab but they come with almost no side effects so it's just a matter of going in and having the i.v. for an hour every three weeks. No biggie. And the drug has had great success with stopping the recurrence of lung and colon cancers so let's hope it does the same for BC.

I spent a few hours yesterday getting all my meds and chemo kit stuff put together and it feels great. I feel ready and strong for once.

Okay that was a boring post but I'm slammed at work. Love to all and if you can make it to this benefit that my friends put together I'd love to see you. It's really a special thing they did for me and I'll never forget it.

1 comment:

Marcy Dockery said...

Hi Crescent,

I wish I could attend the Wig Out but put a little something in your Pay Pal account for whatever you decide to buy. You stay strong, Crescent. You can do this...you can do this...you said you can do this and you can do this. I hope the clinical study goes smoother than the prep has.

Take care and I'm praying for you,

Marcy