Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ladies and Germs.....

I'm back! Sorry for the blog lapse. I wasn't feeling it last week, but am back at work and ready to talk! I don't have my Flip with me to show you the events from the big Wiggin' Out fundraiser my darling friends put on for me but I'll do that this week.

Let's just talk pros and cons of chemo, shall we?

Cons: What I call "Chemo-Cliche's"....bloody noses (so 1970s chemo), small fits of rage (sooooo Meredith Baxter-Birney), waking up every day to wonder if my pillow will have a hair shaped Crescent's head outline on it, and heartburnnnnnn. Hot flashes. What am I? That lady from that show that got breast cancer and has hot flashes??? Jeeze.

Cons part 2: "Chemo-Surprise!"....dry everything. I feel like changing my middle name to Sahara...you with me people? (leans on mic while wearing skinny tie and suspenders)...and what's the deal with airplane toliets!?? I mean come ON! Am I right?
But seriously folks, black out naps. One minute I'm doing something or talking to Jason or enjoying high quality television when BAM! I'm asleep and dreamless for like 5 hours. It's nuts.
WINE TASTES WEIRD AND BURNS!!!! This, my friends, is a big CON for ol' Cres Cres. I'm sure it's for the best but I miss my soothin' bardonad.

PROS: Yes there are pros! My face skin feels like a holy mix of cloud butter, unicorn hugs and Kenny Loggins songs. It must be the no wine and lots of water but it's something you MUST feel if you have the chance. Very choice.
My chin hairs are falling out! HOLLA ATCHA BOY!!!! (RAISING ROOF MOTION!)
Also, Jason is more liberal with my favorite jokes. He did the band teacher bit TWICE for me yesterday and once WHILE I was crying! That is love, my friends....that is love.

3 comments:

Mikaela said...

you rule cres. you just totally rule. hugs hugs hugs!

stephseef said...

the pictures on those links are killing me.

meredith baxter no-longer-birney-now-lesbian? that one? :)

just think of all the money you're saving on electrolysis. hah.

get a load of THIS WV: proopses

love ya, proopses,
S

Unknown said...

Love to you CTP...wait...CSP since you're changed your middle name.