Thursday, March 25, 2010

blargh

Not such a good round. The treatment went fine and we love our nurse, Isabelle, more and more. She is so gentle and sweet but no holds barred too. Love her. I'm on a hug hello program with my fellowship oncologist and a hug good-bye program with Isabelle. You know how much that means to me. Because you know I watch and not EVERYONE gets hugs. I'm just saying is all......:)

I made friends with a woman named Linda who sat next to me. She was very ill but wanted to chat so we did. She had breast cancer years ago and then due to some kind of other illness (I think she said a blood disease) her cancer came back in her bones and liver. Stage 4. Heartbreaking but what a spirit and heart. She was saying that sometimes she gets so mad she has to throw things. I told her I threw a binder and a shoe during my cancer ride and she thought that was pretty funny.

So the day of was great, but I could tell the minute I got home that I wasn't doing so hot. Just exhausted to the point of not being able to move. And that has not cleared up yet. Dr. Shell said that as I get through this last half of treatments I will find that I don't bounce back as quickly so it's normal, but is hard. I hate being behind at work and I hate sleeping all day and night but never really feeling better.

BUT only two more of the really bad buggers left. Then just the one bag until January and that won't take my hair or energy. The only side effect of that drug is high blood pressure and bloody nose. I will take both over how I feel right now any day of the week.

So just checking in. Feeling okay emotionally, just craptacular physically.

I am still in awe, everyday, of my friends and family. The calls, the check ins, the cards, the gifts, the emails, the facebook posts....just nothing but love. It sure does help.

I think this is all taking a toll on Jason too, how could it not? He does such a great job of taking care of me but forgets about himself I think. He could probably use a good week in bed too, poor guy.

Ah well....such is the adventure.

Love and kittens,
Crescent

1 comment:

Hendo said...

You, Crescent, are a rock star.