Tuesday, June 01, 2010

I Want To Lay Around Wit Choo.




I am nervous about my first radiation but not so much about the procedure, more about getting there and back to work in a timely fashion. I'm going to try route one of three today and see how that goes. It will involve me taking the pink line train with seems fitting. The Breat Cancer Train!

I also noticed I ate pink yogurt and half a pink doughnut today inadvertently. Oh god. And I'm wearing pink. I swear I didn't even notice that until just this second. Too tooooo funny.

On the train ride to work today I ALMOST got overwhelmed by the 32 radiation treatments coming my way and was kind of tearing up behind my Panama Jack sunglasses (don't be so jealous....it's not for me to say how cool I am because I fashion shop at CVS) when I remembered Jason's song to me last night.

We had opened special bed up for a rare appearance to stay cool and watch movies. He was on the sofa and I was on special bed watching the hockey game. I was just about to nod off and Jason starting singing "I just want to lay around wit-chooo...." in his best R&B high voice. Then he'd laugh at himself. Then he'd sing it again. The whole time pushing me over to make room for himself. Certainly falls under the category of "you had to be there" but it was very funny to me.

Anyway, that song came into my head at JUST the right pre-meltdown moment this a.m. and I started laughing to myself. (I'm sure they are THIS close to putting up posters on the train "Beware of Crying/Laughing Girl in Wig".

So I feel better now, thanks to Jason and his wacky song stylings. I can get through this portion of treatment too. It will be fine and I have to take it day by day as I have the rest.

It will get me out of the office every day. It will add some good walking to my weight loss plan. It will cut the chances of my cancer coming back by almost 70%.

These are good things. Bring on the boob rays!

1 comment:

steph said...

70%, lady. 70%. That is unbelievable, and worth every tear.

Now you'll have a reason for your special glow.

Love..
S

wv: unsunwar