Wednesday, August 22, 2007

New Job/Old Job

So I'm finally back at work. In a new cube with new people. I am really weirded out by how shy I am sometimes. Once I'm not....I'm really not. But when I am new to a situation I totally clam up and/or say dumb things.
I was totally silent yesterday with my new department but I made a promise to myself to be more vocal today. Jaunty if you will. I even considered bringing an apple to attempt the dangerous, yet VERY effective Jaunty Apple Toss (patent pending) but wussed out.
Instead I sat down at my desk and then stood BACK up and said "Hey...guys.....I just saw Elliot Yamin leaving the building." silence. "From American Idol." silence. "The one with the jacked up teeth." back to work typing noises. "I didn't even watch that season but I just remember his face and all that."
I'm going to try again tomorrow.
Edited to add!!!! PROOOF!!!! http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/
Meanwhile here are some cats of mine. I wish I could be home with them all day like last week. They would have really liked to hear about my Elliot Yamin sighting.






2 comments:

Brad said...

For no good reason, Elliot Yamin reminds me of Matisyahu. I'm just saying, is all.

Crescent said...

I could see that, Brad. I'll tell you one thing. He is REALLY REALLY REALLY short in person. Like toddler size.