Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Here We Go!

Sorry for the blog delay but I've been too nervous about the tests to write. The great news is that they are all clear!!!! Bone scan - clear. CT scan - clear. chest x-ray (crayon hahahah) - clear! Genetic test - negative.





I am one blessed little to medium sized chica, I tells ya.





So lumpectomy (partial mastectomy) and lymph node removal in two weeks. Then radiation. Then chemo. Then hormones. Then I'm having a friggin baby world! You hear that universe!?????? I thought so.





I have felt the love and prayers and vibes and worry and wishes and I know they made all the difference.





Yesterday was hard and for blog sake I feel like I should recount it but I'm too happy. Let's just give it a bullet point and picture and call it a recap eah?



  • Barium made me throw up

  • met an old black man with cancer that broke my heart but also totally inspired me

  • some dillhole told me to get off the phone while I was talking to my dad trying to update him on my EFFING BREAST CANCER TESTS! and then started crying which made me mad but I cry when angry for some reason.

  • The food in the cafeteria was good actually.

  • Jason and I were just wrecked at the end of the day. So much worry and no sleep and whatever just had us down and out.

  • And this was the only picture I could muster the energy to take and speaks volumes about how I felt yesterday. Oh yes....I felt VEWWWYYYY SOWWY FOR CRES CRES yesterday. Gag. I snapped out of it though.

But that is all over with and I am ready ready ready for next steps and healing.

FUNNY STORY - Jason and I went to watch football, like we always do, at Gannons and I wanted to read some papers. Like REAL papers not on my iPhone. I'm like my Dad that way. We live for a good paper read. So I went on a hunt for as many as I could find and started at the Jewel. I asked if she had The Onion and she said "no we don't carry that anymore" and in my flustered disappointment I simply replied "Steaks". I meant thanks and s'okay I guess but I said the word steaks. STEAKS. Then I knocked over a Fanta display and got the hell out of there! (last part not true)

4 comments:

stephseef said...

Genetic test - negative. You have no genes?

Rejoicing with you. You know that.

All love!
Steph

verification word: ferin.
Use in a sentence 'All's ferin the world when Crescent's scans come back with the big all clear.'

Erica said...

I am going to start using the word Steaks, too. I love it.

I AM OVER THE MOON ABOUT YOUR RESULTS!

I'll email you to get dates and stuff.
Also, I have something for you.

Steaks.

Word Verficiation: dedisi

Hendo said...

Crescent,

That is SO MUCH GOOD NEWS!!!!

STEAKS!!!

much love,
Hendo

Hixx said...

I have something for Crescent too.

When you get it, you will say "steaks" and I will say: "pillbascome"

Hixx